|FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)|
1. I have problem with support area access, what to do ?
2. Read Box/Dongle information and serial number (S/N)
3. I have new phone model and I want to see this model supported by Infinity-Box
4. I do not see in support area flash files that I need (Languages that I need). How to get it ?
5. Install Multilanguage User Interface (MUI)
6. Restore full flash backup
7. Find cable/pinout information
8. Download software and flash files from support area (support area mirrors)
9. Smart-Card: "Resource manager is not running" fix
10. "Default browser is not set" message during support area login
11. Repair "Error code #32, #65"
12. Smart-Card: access keys is incorrect or damaged
13. Smart-Card: permanently damaged (can not be upgraded/repaired any more) - REPLACEMENT
14. Smart-Card: "API Error 000000" fix
15. Smart-Card: "Connection to server failed#1 Socket Error # 1xxxx" error fix during box upgrade
16. Smart-Card: "IS07816 error 0x6E00 [class not supported]" fix
17. Main Infinity-Box software updates and support policy changes from 01-Jan-2012
18. How to renew updates/support and fix "You should extend your support period"
#1: I have problem with support area access, what to do ?
1. Try to login in support area again
2. Read error messages very carefully and follow by advices that you can see in support area
If you are sure that you have read and understand everything that was written in support area well but problem still exist please, follow the next instruction:
1. run Dongle Manager
2. select "Infinity-Box" or "BEST Tool" or "CDMA Tool" (depends on your Box/Dongle type)
3. read Box/Dongle serial number (S/N)
4. copy text with full dongle details from DongleManager and send dongle details (and detailed problem description) to email@example.com so we will be able to check what is wrong and how to help you.
Please, do not forget to include in your e-mail detailed information about problem !
#2: Read Box/Dongle information and serial number (S/N)
1. download latest Dongle Manager
2. connect Box/Dongle to PC USB port
3. run "DongleManager"
4. select "Infinity-Box" or "BEST Tool" or "CDMA Tool" (depends on your Box/Dongle type)
5. press "Read dongle serial number (S/N)" button and see Infinity-Box S/N and other details
#3: I have new phone model and I want to see this model supported by Infinity-Box
1. open phone, find CPU chip and Flash chip
2. send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the next information:
2.1. CPU chip name
2.2. Flash chip name
2.3. phone bottom connector type (photo, if available)
2.4. Gnd, Charge, +Battery pins location on phone connector
2.5. full text from phone back label (label under battery)
2.6. phone photo (or link to phone photo)
2.7. is it sp-locked or simfree phone
2.8. is it exist original data/com/usb cable in phone package
2.9. is it exist CD with original drivers in phone package
2.10. estimated phone price
2.11. any additional information
We will check your information and will tell you is it possible to make support for this model or not.
#4: I do not see in support area flash files that I need (Languages that I need). How to get it ?
Try to find phone with languages that you need, read flash and send file to email@example.com
Flash file will be tested, converted to required format and uploaded into support area as soon as possible.
#5: Install Multilanguage User Interface (MUI)
1. download and install Infinity-Box Language module (v1.01 or higher)
2. download and install Infinity-Box Shell (v1.25 or higher)
3. run Shell, go to "Settings" page and select required language
4. once you have selected new language it will be default language for all modules (you do not need to select language each time when you run modules)
#6: Restore full flash backup
It is possible to restore back eeprom/ffs files.
It is not possible to restore full flash files to avoid permanently dead phones.
If you have full flash backup file and want to restore it:
1. check support area, probably required file already exist there
2. if required file is not found send a mail with the next information to support:
- reason to send files
- full text from phone back label
- flash backup file
We will check your files, prepare and upload good flash files in support area ASAP.
#7: Find cable/pinout information
1. be sure that you have downloaded and installed latest Infinity-Box Pinouts update
2. run Infinity-Box Shell: Start -> Programs -> InfinityBox -> InfinityBox Shell
3. select required model
4. see detailed information about cable/pinout
Here is information how to build your own cable
#8: Download software and flash files from support area (support area mirrors)
Run Infinity-Box Shell: Start -> Programs -> InfinityBox -> InfinityBox Shell
#9: Smart-Card: "Resource manager is not running" fix
1. run SmartCardRepair software
2. make Step-1
3. reboot PC
4. make Step-2
5. reboot PC
6. try to start Infinity-Box software again
You can check service state from Control Panel:
Control Panel -> Administration -> Services -> Smart Cards (scardsvr).
This service start up type must be set to Automatically and it should be running. If it is not - start it up.
You can also start it up by executing command: net start scardsvr
#10: "Default browser is not set" message during support area login
1. run Internet Explorer
2. go to menu `Tools`
3. go to menu `Internet options`
4. go to page `Programs`
5. press `Make default` button
Try to enter in support area again.
#11: Repair "Error code #32, #65"
1. uninstall any kind of usb-sharing software
2. reboot PC
3. make "Read S/N" operation via DongleManager
4. contact to firstname.lastname@example.org and explain the problem so detailed as possible, attach full dongle details in your mail
5. after you have got a confirmation that your dongle is not blocked forever (hope you will be able to get this confirmation): upgrade your dongle firmware with DongleManager
6. never use any kind of usb-sharing software with Infinity-Box to avoid FOREVER BLOCKED dongle !
#12: Smart-Card: access keys is incorrect or damaged
If you can not upgrade dongle/smart-card with reason like "Smart-card access keys is incorrect or damaged"
this means that your smart-card is damaged and can not be upgraded any more.
Smart-card access keys works the same way as SIM card PIN code, once all attempts is used - card can not be accessed anymore.
It is quite rare situation and we are sure that it is not an Infinity-Box fault, this smart-card can not be replaced for free !
Click here to read about one of possible damage reason
If you have any addon software activated (f.e. PinFinder, Language Editor, Content Extractor etc.) for your damaged Infinity-Box smart-card and if you have another Infinity-Box we can move addon activation to your other Infinity-Box (move activation from one smart-card to another smart-card).
This kind of problem is not an Infinity-Box fault, it is a result of harmful activity of other software !
#13: Smart-Card: permanently damaged (can not be upgraded/repaired any more) - REPLACEMENT
You can get new smart-card w/o box with discount according to Infinity-Box post warranty smart-card replacement program.
- you need to know old/damaged smart-card S/N (Serial Number)
- to verify that you are legal owner of old/damaged smart-card, you need to know e-mail address that was used during initial box registration
- old smart-card S/N will be blocked in our database
- new smart-card will be sent directly to you
- contact to email@example.com with post warranty replacement request
- provide your old/damaged smart-card S/N (8 symbols Serial Number) and e-mail address that was used during box registration
- your data will be checked and payment instruction will be sent to you
- make a payment and tell to us your payment and delivery details - Price
NOTE: if you do not want to disable/block your old smart-card, you can just buy new smart-card w/o box - Price
#14: Smart-Card: "API Error 000000" fix
Contact to your reseller before make any of these operations to avoid any possible problems with warranty !
- double check that smart-card drivers installed well
- remove smart-card from smart-card reader, very gently clean smart-card contacts, insert smart-card back
- open box, check that smart-card reader is not damaged and all smart-card contacts soldered to PCB well
- try to insert smart-card in any other box that has e-gate smart-card reader (f.e. SETool etc.)
If card still can not be detected by PC it may be that card become damaged.
#15: Smart-Card: "Connection to server failed#1 Socket Error # 1xxxx" error fix during box upgrade
1. close "DongleManager" software
2. delete "DongleManager"
3. download new Dongle Manager
4. run new DongleManager.exe and upgrade box firmware
#16: Smart-Card: "IS07816 error 0x6E00 [class not supported]" fix
If you can not access support area:
- use latest "Shell [Support manager]"
If you can not run software:
1. download latest Smart-Card configuration file FSCard.ini
2. copy new Smart-Card configuration file FSCard.ini file in folder with software module
3. copy new Smart-Card configuration file FSCard.ini file in folder with "Shell"
#17: Main Infinity-Box software updates and support policy changes from 01-Jan-2012
1. Each box registered before 01 January 2012 get 18 months free update and support area access, after which the box is subjected for yearly paid activation for new updates and support area access.
2. All box activated after 31 December 2011 get free update and support area access for 12 months (one year), after which you need to purchase activation which is valid for 12 months (one year) of software updates and support area access
3. Free updates/support period started from the date of initial registration procedure (first smart-card upgrade)
4. After 12 month: each one more year updates/support period price will be 120 Infinity-Credits
5. User can see actual Account Expiration Date in Online Service or in Support/Download area
6. User can activate new updates/support period via Online Service in real time
#18: How to renew updates/support and fix "You should extend your support period"
- How to renew updates/support and fix "You should extend your support period" step-by-step instruction